Paid role for people with disability who are renting – metro and regional
What’s the problem we are trying to solve
Many people with disability, including physical, cognitive, intellectual and psychosocial disability, are renting their accommodation but don’t always feel confident about their rights and responsibilities if things go wrong. We would like to work together to come up with ideas to help people feel more confident when living in rented accommodation.
What’s the role?
- Be part of a small group of people who have experience of disability and renting
- Share your experience of how things can go wrong and what helps to fix it
- Two to four hours per month in face to face (metro area) or online meetings
- Starting in November 2021 until November 2022
What experience and skills are needed?
- Experience of living in rented accommodation
- Experience of disability of any kind that made it harder for you to keep your rental
- Or Experience of providing long time support as a family member/friend/partner of someone with disability
- Experience of working in a group or team
- Feeling ready to share your knowledge and experience with others without it causing you distress
- Feeling able to support other people to share their experiences
- Be able to receive and share information electronically and participate in online meetings or access to transport options so you can attend meetings in person in Perth
Rate of payment
- The payment is $40 per hour which can be paid into your bank account or with vouchers
Shelter WA – our commitment to you
- To provide an accessible, supportive and creative environment to solve problems and design solutions
- Please let us know of any support we can provide so that you can participate fully in the way that suits you best
- Please call or text Donna on 0407181528 or email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE OCTOBER 19