https://www.shelterwa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Parliament-West-Side-1-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Royceton Hardey https://www.shelterwa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Shelter-WA-40-years_Horizontal.png Royceton Hardey2020-04-23 13:42:442020-04-23 14:55:33Relief Package to Support Tenants, Landlords
The McGowan Government has announced a new package to support tenants, landlords and the construction industry in the COVID-19 pandemic.
The package consists of:
- Support for tenants facing financial difficulty due to COVID-19
- $30 million for grants of up to $2,000 for residential tenants who have lost their job and face financial hardship due to COVID-19
- $100 million in land tax relief grants available for commercial landlords who reduce rent for small business tenants impacted by COVID-19
- $24.5 million support package to assist the building and construction industry to maintain a skilled workforce and support apprentices and trainees
- New package complements the $1.7 billion in relief measures already announced
Read the full release here.