Shelter WA partnered with The Australasian Housing Institute’s (AHI) International Women’s Day event where an inspiring group of female panelists shared their insights on Challenging the Leadership Gap.
Hosted by Ms Cynara Miles, Ahi WA Committee Member and National Business Improvement Manager for Community Housing Ltd the event was held at Fraser Suites Perth.
In celebration of this year’s International Women’s Day theme, Choose to Challenge, each panelist spoke about their personal experiences and insights to this year’s theme Challenging the Leadership Gap. The panel comprised of;
- Senator Louise Pratt, Senator for Western Australia in the Australian Labor Party.
- Tanya Steinbeck, Urban Development Institute of Australia WA.
- Jennie Vartan, retired Acting Chief Executive Officer at Access Housing and Former State Manager of the Community Housing Industry Association (WA).
- Tina Pickett, Managing Director, Residential & Business Services, Noongar Mia Mia.
- Natalie Carrington, Blooming HR’s Founder and Principal Consultant.
Shelter WA’s Chief Executive Officer Michelle Mackenzie gave the vote of thanks.
AHI is a professional association of people working and volunteering in the multi-disciplinary social housing industry in Australia. They exists to unite and support a vibrant and self confident social housing profession across Australia.