Panel presentation & Q&A.
Tuesday 4th August. 9:00 – 10:30
The Housing for the Aged Action Group Inc, Social Ventures Australia, Western Sydney University and the Older Women’s Network of NSW invite you to the launch of two reports.
“At Risk: understanding the population size and demographics of older women at risk of homelessness in Australia”, commissioned by Social Ventures Australia, written by Dr Debbie Faulkner and Laurence Lester, University of Adelaide.
“Older women in the private rental sector: unaffordable, substandard and insecure housing” by Dr Emma Power, University of Western Sydney.
Brief presentations will be followed by Q&A.
- The Hon. Dr Kay Patterson, Age Discrimination Commissioner.
- Helen Conway, President of YWCA and former CEO of Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Dr Emma Power, Western Sydney University.
- Mary-Ann Wright, Deputy Chair, Housing for the Aged Action Group, lived experience representative and service user of HAAG.
- Kobi Maglen, HAAG and the Ageing on the Edge Homelessness Prevention Project.