After a meeting of leaders from across the homelessness sector a COVID-19 lead homelessness group has been established by Shelter WA to drive and inform a sector response. Members of this group are:
- Samantha Drury – CEO St Bart’s
- John Berger – Executive Officer, WA Alliance to End Homelessness
- Mark Glasson – CEO Anglicare WA
- Michael Piu – CEO St Patrick’s
- Michelle Mackenzie – CEO Shelter WA
- Debra Zanella – CEO Ruah
- Amanda Hunt – CEO UnitingCare West
- Associate Professor Lisa Wood – UWA, School of Population and Global Health
This group will be meeting every two days for a sector pulse check and to drive input into communications, media engagement, and most importantly resources and support needed by the sector to support their services, workforce and their clients. A number of groups are focusing on specific streams such as supported accommodation, led by Natalie Sangalli from Access Housing, engagement hubs and outreach led by Amanda Hunt from UnitingCare West and public housing and evictions led by Jesse Noakes from Day Dawn. Current issues that are facing the sector at the moment can be found here.
Further information on this will follow
Shelter WA will work in partnership with the other peaks and the State Government to ensure that you receive accurate and up to date information.