WA Crisis, Transitional & Community Housing, and Homelessness Services Sector
Social and affordable housing and homelessness services are invited to apply to the COVID-19 Health and Isolation Response reimbursement scheme by filling out the online form below.
Shelter WA in partnership with WACOSS have secured funding from the West Australian Department of Health to support the housing and homelessness sector to provide safe accommodation, health, and wellness support to vulnerable people who experience homelessness and who are affected by COVID-19. Specifically, this entails:
General resource support and information to facilitate isolation and management of COVID-19. Potential options per client for 7 days isolation (noting items are not mutually exclusive and will depend on personal circumstance):
• COVID-19 care packs
• Devices or enabling technology such as phones, data cards, and chargers, or appliances purchased for facilitating isolation in services with shared facilities such as microwaves and kettles
Health, accommodation, and wrap around services
Essential wrap around supports to enable safe COVID-19 isolation, treatment, and recovery. Accommodation for vulnerable people in the Sector to isolate, manage and treat COVID-19. Education for Sector providers to assist individuals in maintaining a healthy diet, lifestyle and general health when affected by COVID-19. Potential options per client for 7 days isolation (noting items are not mutually exclusive and will depend on personal circumstance):
• Essential clothing, sleeping bag, blankets
• Dietetic and lifestyle recovery and isolation advice and support such as food vouchers, prepared meals, toiletries, cleaning and laundry supports
• Related pharmaceuticals such as pharmacy voucher/products, access to first aid support and medication used during instances of COVID-19 including pain relief, masks, hygiene products and sanitisers
• Transport to isolation (one off)
• Accommodation and related support such as hotel/motel including 3 meals a day plus medical and staff wrap around support regarding primary health, mental health, drug and alcohol, security, or other accommodation options i.e. Caravan Park Chalet
• Staff co-ordination including contact with client and time spent providing support for positive COVID-19 clients
This support is based on the pursuit of high quality and safe care of individuals with COVID-19, including support to respond to and manage COVID-19 outbreaks, and to assist in the treatment and management of COVID-19 positive people
This project has been made possible by co-funding through the National Partnership Agreement on COVID-19 Response (NPCR) funding.