Shelter WA works with many committed individuals and organisations dedicated to assisting vulnerable Western Australians, including people experiencing homelessness and those at risk of homelessness or experiencing housing related poverty.
We work with individuals and organisations to improve housing affordability and ensure there is a social housing safety net for those who simply can’t compete in the housing market. We also work closely with service providers who support people experiencing homelessness and those in housing crisis.
We provide expert and independent advice to community organisations, governments, political parties and those advocating for changes consistent with Shelter WA’s objectives.
We deliver on our mission through:
- Activities that unite our diverse stakeholders and draw attention to the difference we make together.
- Policy that’s developed in consultation with experts, housing consumers and service providers.
- Quality research that not only identifies problems but also fosters solutions.
- Listening to the views of housing consumers and people experiencing homelessness.
- Strong advocacy that captures the needs of consumers and views of our stakeholders to government and the media.
- Developing the capacity of organisations working to make a difference through training, networking and sector development.
- Consultancies that add value to organisations working to create accessible and affordable housing opportunities and address homelessness.